[b][/b]Still Looking for Barred Rock hens in Georgia.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by peruvian_princess, May 3, 2008.

1. peruvian_princess

peruvian_princess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Fayetteville, Georgia
    I am still looking for some BR hens or chicks that have been sexed and are for sure pullets. Anyone out their that can help me? I really would love some if any one has any.

2. msrma7670

msrma7670 Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a few I live near Lafayette Ga.

3. peruvian_princess

May 1, 2008
    Fayetteville, Georgia
    where is lafayette?

4. alabama girl

alabama girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Auburn, Al
    it is to the south of Atlanta, on 85 south.

5. peruvian_princess

May 1, 2008
    Fayetteville, Georgia
    are you sure? I think you are thinking of fayetteville not lafayette. I was looking it up and it is in walker county which is on the tennessee/georgia line.

6. Blondie

Blondie Chillin' With My Peeps

I just bought a couple of barred rocks and RIR from the Southeast Poultry Association this morning. They had a "yard sale". It was on old 85 south and Gordon Road. I think it was in Haralson. Near Senoia, anyway.

I called several people from the Consumer and Market Bulletin and no one had anything. I looked on Craigslist, but no one near here.

Here's the link to the Market Bulletin for Georgia. Click on poultry. They put the town name in BOLD so you can find someone near you.

http://www.agr.state.ga.us/mbads/

7. peruvian_princess

May 1, 2008
    Fayetteville, Georgia
    Oh that helps a lot. You said that no one in senoia had anything right? I am just about 20 minutes from senoia I found one person on there but if you already tried them and they have nothing then theirs no need. Haralson is not that far from me either. I am in Fayetteville close to Riverdale.

8. alabama girl

Apr 5, 2008
    Auburn, Al
    I am so sorry, you are probably right, I looked it up on randmcnally too, that really is far. We have an exit going to it on 85 south and I always thought that was the town. But looks like you've found your chicks, congrats. That's why I love this forum, everyone is so helpful.

9. peruvian_princess

May 1, 2008
    Fayetteville, Georgia
    Lets hope I have found them. I have 2 BR roos that is why I need the hens. At least I think they are both roos cant be sure. They have all their feathers and look alike so I assume they are both roos. I also have 3 RIR hens 1 RIR roo and 2 little bantam mixes that are just sweeties. Someone was giving them away so I took them. They stay togehter in the same pen. They love to folow you around it is so funny. I hope I can find some BR hens we will see what happens tomorrow.

10. alabama girl

Apr 5, 2008
    Auburn, Al
    Well,...all the best. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by