B&G Macaw Stolen!!!

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by Lanissa86, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    I am just so P.O'd right now! [​IMG] Someone stole one of our Local Feed stores Blue and Gold Macaw!! He was their "mascot" for almost 20 years or so! Someone came through the roof to get him! It showed the inside of the store on the new tonight and the owner pointed out how her baby put up a fight because of all the feathers everywhere.... Poor baby, I am sure he misses his owner right now and is probably scared to death... If anyone see's a suspicious sale around TX for a B&G macaw please let someone know! In fact, you could probably call the store if you have a tip! Just google San Antonio Feed stores and its Called WestSide Feed and Pet Shop... This has me boiling tonight..... [​IMG]

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    THATS HORRIABLE!!!...the poor macaw!..if they stole my Max.(african grey)..he'd cuss them out!..lol...but seriously...i hope they find him![​IMG]..and he comes home safe!..Wendy

3. EngieKisses

EngieKisses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2008
    Collinsville, Oklahoma
    I hope someone gives them a good tip and the poor macaw can return to his rightful owner. So sorry to hear about this.

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    i also hope that macaw bites thier finger off!...literally!..Wendy

5. carwinew

carwinew Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2008
    He might not have been stolen to sell. Someone might have stolen him for themselves due to the expense of buying one.
    I hate thieves. They tried to break in our local feed store last week, along with 4 other places but didn't expect to find alarms in our little town.

6. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    I also have to suspect all those people who would look at this as a "rescue". Stealing is stealing.

I hope they find who did it and get the bird back safe and sound.

-Kim

7. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    man whats this world coming to wow tearing into a roof to snatch a parrot. and wolf kim makes a valid point now we dont just ahve to look at the druggies or criminal types we have to look at the so called do gooders to man what a shame i hope they nail the people that did it .

8. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Thats just SO wrong.[​IMG]

9. Bean

Bean Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2008
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    We had a cockatoo stolen from a local store last year. A teen with a big coat in the winter walked past the bird, who was out in the open on his stand by the register as he is everyday, and shoved him into his coat and ran out of the store and got in a truck that was waiting. They never found the bird, I suspect that particular case the bird was for the person to keep not to sell. It is so horrible to think of the terror those poor birds must feel to be stolen and kept by strange people that may not even know how to properly care for them. So sad!!

10. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    If the person did still it for himself, he will soon learn the hard way that birds bond to one person in life....I really hope that bird bites him BIG time! Another sad thing is, when he learns how "mean" this bird is...the bird will probably live a caged life now if he keep it....I really hope they find "Blue"...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by