Babby Chicks And Teen Age Chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by BOOBEAR22, May 10, 2011.

1. BOOBEAR22

BOOBEAR22 New Egg

May 7, 2011
    Hi I Have Baby Chicks That Are About 3 Weeks Old. They Seem To Be Growing Fine. They Will Soon Be Ready I Think To Be Intreduced To The Young Chickens Out Side. They Are Around 2 Months Old. My Question Is How Do I Get Them Together? Are The Lorger Ones Going To Pick At The Younger Ones?? Thanks

2. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    Yes they will attack unless the older ones are an especially docile breed. What breeds do you have.
    The easiest way is to let them free range together, that gives them enough space and activities other than attacking.
    After a while of this they'll eventually become acquainted with each other.

3. suzeqf

suzeqf Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    i've put 4 weeks olds in with my 9 weeks olds so everyone can be outside i watch them for a few minutes and after a few minutes of my teen roo's playing the boss everyone calms down but they have all been hearing and smelling and at times seeing each other they all live in the shop in a giant brooder and are seperated by cardboard walls that have hardwire cloth windows so they can see each other and since my older ones have learned to "fly out" they visit the youngers ones at times and i keep a squirt bottle of water handy if someone gets to out of line when everyone is together and that seems to have worked and i've raised my 8 week old cochin hen/roo with the younger ones and my roo seems to take care of "his" flock

4. andrew6d9

andrew6d9 Chillin' With My Peeps

they might pick at them some but the best way to introduce them is at night. put them on the roosts when it is night and they will get a long much better. i would wait until the 3 weeks get older though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by