1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Babies Almost 3 Weeks-Do we see any roos?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 4hooves&featheredfriends, Mar 15, 2009.

1. 4hooves&featheredfriends

4hooves&featheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Here are a few pics from this morning - my "girls" will be 3 weeks old on Tuesday, maybe too early to tell. Hope the pics are clear enough -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for your helpful eye [​IMG]

2. 4hooves&featheredfriends

4hooves&featheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Anyone?

3. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Can you resize the pics and make them bigger? I can't see well enough to tell anything.

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    It would help also to know breeds and or/mixes?

PS- looked at your website, beautiful horses!

5. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    The only thing I'm seeing is that there's one in there that looks like it could be a SLW, judging by the markings on its face. I'm seeing it (or a few like it) in the 1st, 2nd and 4th pictures. In the 4th picture, it looks like its comb is really growing a lot - is it single-combed? If its comb is as big as it looks to me, I'd bet it's a male.

The barred rock in the 2nd picture seems to have a fairly large white head spot, which makes me think male. How dark is the black wash down the front of its legs? Darker legs usually mean female with BR's. I can't tell by looking at its feathers in that pic.

I'm also seeing EE's, brown leghorns, and buff orps? Is that right? On those, I'm not seeing anything that screams male.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by