Babies and More Babies, and treats (PIC's)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by lovemychicks9, Jun 26, 2008.

1. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    Well my babies are 4 weeks old, out of the brooder to make room for the new girls that FINALLY made it here this afternoon. Yes the lovely post office FORGOT to call and let me know until after 11:00 this morning, and I called them at 7:00 am and was told they were not here . When I got there to get them the girls who handed them to me appoligized up and down to me and I was told they came in on a truck at 4:00 a m and got put on someone's desk and forgotten about until one of the girls found them!!!!! [​IMG] Mid day traffic is town is rough and I had a heck of a time getting across town and back home but we made it. They all looked just wiped out and so sleepy, I had a heck of a time getting them to drink for a while and I thought one of the Gold Sex Links might not make it but she looks a little better but still not very active. I have pretty much left them alone to recover from the ordeal , but I am SO GLAD they all made it here. My 4 week olds are very curios about them but what is funny is that they have not had hardly anything to do with me until today and now when I go in and sit on the floor to talk to the baby babies, and talk to the big girls through the wire the 4 week olds are all over me and 3 of them love to just come and sit on me when I go in. It is so cool that I can go in the coop and sit and talk to everyone at the same time. the big girls are really about over the newness of the 4 week olds already they do not try to peck them through the wire and don't really care about them, as long as they stay on thier side of the wire.

4 week old girls with first treats , brocoli with yougurt and start n grow sprinkles
    [​IMG]

first day in the brand new temporary pen until we get the 2nd run done for them

[​IMG]

this is the new temporary pen DH built so they could get outside , he is going to add a second run an the side of the coop
    [​IMG]

and now the new girls the pics aren't that good as I just did not want to jostle them alot but let them try to recover a bit before we do a photo shoot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  2. RobinEgg

RobinEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    what sweetie little fuzzies!

3. turnerstar31

turnerstar31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    congrats mine should be here too but alas they still are not. I am getting a little worried but am hoping that they will be here tom if not than I gotta start calling some people. They are so cute I can not wait until my bunch get here.

4. pullet2hen

pullet2hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Arizona
    :yiipchickYIPPIE!! They are SO cute!!! Im so happy they made it safe and sound

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by