Babies and their first day out of the coop

4cats3kids1hubby2many

Songster
9 Years
May 7, 2010
Omak
Well, I am still working on the run for my girls...I am hoping to have it done this weekend...I have to have it done. My babies are almost fully feathered and they have been hangin' out in the coop, as I don't have the run finished yet. Well, the weather has finally turned warm....I started to work on the run...measuring it out, starting to dig. So while I was doing this I decided to let the little girls out to stretch their legs. They were like kids in a candy store...bugs to chase, grass to scratch, birds flying over...but then there were the people's pet dogs and cats to watch out for....We (the people) watched out to make sure dog #3 stayed away, dogs #1 and 2 were trustworthy. cats...well, they are another story...watched like a hawk. The Girlie Girls had a ball and were hilarious to watch...running all over...even doing some flying from spot to spot. Bit of pushing going on when it came to a lilac bush petal. So tomorrow I start on the run and I will let the girls loose while I am out there to watch over them.

We actually took chairs and a beverage and sat there in the early evening and just watched them. I find watching chickens incredibly relaxing and funny. My daughter sat there and was naming them all....mind you they are all BR. There are a few with some differences in looks...but for the majority they all look the same. Different personalities are emerging and had one very brave one wandering out of the "safe zone" had to herd her back to the group. Their run will be approx 8 x 40 feet.... plenty of room to run and fly once it is done. We start on it this morning.

Back
Top Bottom