Babies are afraid of the pine shavings...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by kyrose, Jan 15, 2011.

1. kyrose

kyrose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    they are standing on top of their stuffed animal peeping their butts off..[​IMG] it looks like they are on a boat floating on a sea of shavings..[​IMG]

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Oh that is too cute!!! [​IMG]

3. hoping4better

hoping4better Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2010
    Middle Tennessee
    That sounds absolutely hilarious! Wish you had pics.

4. kyrose

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    Quote:well 1 ( the runt ) finally took the plunge and the others waited to make sure she didnt get eaten and followed after a few minutes..[​IMG] but they are walking real slow,and not sure if they are liking it.i love when they are this age...[​IMG]

5. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Awww, that is adorable.
    I agree, I wish we could see pictures.

6. kyrose

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    Quote:k,3 of them got back on so i quick took a couple of pics..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. hoping4better

hoping4better Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2010
    Middle Tennessee
    I love the one with the racing stripes. Adorable!!!!![​IMG]

8. kyrose

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    Quote:thanks,it was hilarious when i first put the shavings in.wish i wouldve had the camera handy.

9. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    I like the little dark one that's all crashed out against his stuffed animal buddy. [​IMG]
    Very cute picture.

10. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI
    I had a similar experience with their first taste of yougurt.
    After reading a post on probiotics I decided with my last batch hatched to mix some plain yougurt with the live cultures with water and added some probios powder for their first "drink" so the good probiotics would take hold before any bad ones got in.

Anyway I put it in a lid from a food storage container. They all steered clear for quite some time (Mix of silkies, showgirls and two turken chicks)

Well, finally the two turkens ran over to it and walked right in and started drinking. They were just adorable. To me they look like little old men with buzz cuts. Or in this case two little boys playing in a puddle.

By the time I went to grab the camera and put in fresh batteries and got back to the bator all of the chicks had gone to investigate and they were all wet and looked like they got caught out in the rain !!![​IMG]

So much for the cute pictures. Their feathers dried real quick because they were still in the bator with the fan but because of the yogurt they looked terrible !!! But at least I know their little tummies got some good stuff to start them in the right direction.

They are finally looking fluffy again so I will have to get some pictures soon.

They are like kittens, you wish there was a shot you could give them to make them stay this age !!! Altough they eat you out of house and home at this age !!!

BTW how long do you keep the stuffed animal in with them? Good idea !!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by