Babies are Hatching!!!

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by brandyk81, Jun 23, 2011.

1. brandyk81

brandyk81 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2009
    Chapin, SC
    Oh my. About 25 days ago, a friend of ours gave us guinea eggs (from his ladies), so we threw them in the incubator without figuring the hatch date. Just so happens that the hatch was due the day we come back from the beach (this coming Sunday). Now they're hatching early and our "farm sitter" is enjoying it [​IMG] The only reason we put the guineas in the incubator was for our kids (3 and 4) to see them hatch. Shoot. Oh well. We'll have some babies to enjoy when we get home.

2. damselfish

damselfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    That's exciting though! They will love to see the new babies and they can see a hatch next time maybe. Enjoy your guineas!

3. cracking up

cracking up Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    So Cal
    Maybe you'll have a few late hatchers for the kids. Congratulations on the babies!

4. snyd08

snyd08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    yes you might have a few when you get back that are hatching still could be a bit staggered. hope for the best. cute keets will keep a few kids occupied.

5. brandyk81

brandyk81 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2009
    Chapin, SC
    The sitter said 2 more hatched yesterday and then 3 more were pipping! Fun stuff. Hopefully a couple will hold out for the kids, but if so, we'll have an AMAZING hatch rate. We only set 15. Whew.

And yes, the kids will certainly stay occupied for a bit with the baby keets [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by