1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Babies are here!!! OMG OMG!!!! TO EARLY?? what ARE they!?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chick-among-us, Jan 3, 2012.

1. chick-among-us

chick-among-us Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2011
    Dayton,Texas
    OH lord help us all I cant go to bed!! [​IMG] two babies out and 6 more pipping!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] these came out while we were watching! very fast! WE JUST put these in lockdown YESTERDAY!!! and I got out the hospital last night! WOW I almost missed the whole thing! this isnt supposed to happen till WEDNESDAY! ok when do I move them to the brooder? and if I do what about shrink wrappin the rest of them? SO hard to let them be.. [​IMG] supertiny little serama,d uccle,silkie all mixed bantam breeds...so far one little buff something is first and then something even littler!! dark maybe black with a lot of gold on its head,buff one had feathered feet all over. the little black one just has fuzz down to his ummmm ankle? rats I think they all went to sleep?? really?? will post pics in a bit...nm ill go get the camera then post them now [​IMG]

number 1 out

[​IMG]

number 2 out

[​IMG]

and make that nine more pipping!!! holy cow! I was so glad to be home last night that I did not go to sleep until 4 am now Im exhausted and will need to go to bed....or will fall aseep anyhow....rats what do I do?!!? [​IMG]

2. Moonlight Piano

Moonlight Piano Chillin' With My Peeps

Don' t move them from the bator for another 24-36 hrs. I would leave them in there and deal with them in the morning. [​IMG] Congrats !!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] yay for babies !!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] .
    God bless, hope everything goes well, and you have a good hatch [​IMG] .

3. KandiandJerry

KandiandJerry Chillin' With My Peeps

congrats on the hatch:thumbsup leave them in there until they all hatch.... the thing about bantams is they never go 21 days we raise and hatch bantams only and have plenty of experience with them just let them all be they will be fine let all of them hatch

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    wow - how neat!! Glad you got home in time to witness it. Get some sleep and then we expect(demand) pictures.

5. cottagechick

cottagechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2011
    Cottage Grove, Oregon
    f

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  6. chick-among-us

chick-among-us Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2011
    Dayton,Texas
    ok next update aM so tired hope they do ok!~Cyndy [​IMG]

7. cottagechick

cottagechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2011
    Cottage Grove, Oregon
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. KandiandJerry

KandiandJerry Chillin' With My Peeps

x2 [​IMG]

9. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Congrats on the chicks! Go to bed, you need your rest. They will be fine:) Deb

10. georgiagail

georgiagail Chillin' With My Peeps

Feathered feet....likely the d'Uccles. As previously mentioned, bantams tend to hatch earlier.

If you purchased these through ebay, it's good to know they are hatching as I have purchased from the same seller; mine went in the incubator 12/27/2011.

Gail

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by