Babies are here!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by hannalice, Jul 9, 2010.

1. hannalice

hannalice Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2010
    Vermont
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had to put a lot of effort into not SQUEALING into the post office workers' ear when I got the call this morning, bright and early! They eating, drinking, pooping, running, playing, and sleeping, they seem to have come through great! There's some loud unhappy peeping coming from the spare room at the moment, but every time I go in to check, it quiets right down, so I can't figure out who's doing it! I'm just so relieved they made it!

[​IMG]

2. sharol

sharol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Admire, KS
    They are precious. I'm at chicks -5 (or 6) days and counting. They are due to ship Monday if all works as planned. I can hardly wait. The P.O. is supposed to call on arrival (6-6:30 a.m.).

Quote:

3. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    Adorable! Makes me wish I could have ordered more! (3 is my current max) And as to what is causing the loud peeping... One of mine has developed a habit of biting her own toe. And then she doesn't like to let go! So she starts peeping loudly because she's biting herself but if you startle her she'll let her to go and be fine. Maybe it's something like that??? BTW; is that normal???

4. hannalice

hannalice Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2010
    Vermont
    Quote:LOL! Nobody's biting their own toes that I've seen- I hung out in there for a few minutes and one of the Amerucana chicks is doing the loud peeping- she seems to be OK, and not chewing on herself! [​IMG] (BTW, I don't think that's normal- I've never had one do that, but I can't imagine it's a horrible thing either! [​IMG] )

5. Here chickie chickie!

Here chickie chickie! Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2010
    Absolutely adorable! What are the black ones in the group? I received my shipment the other day, got two black ones that look similar to yours but not sure what they are!

6. serena763

serena763 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2010
    Congrats on the new babies! THanks for sharing the pics they are SO CUTE!!!

7. Arcane Araucana

Arcane Araucana Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2010
    Fort Mohave
    SOOOOO cute! I can tell they are not going to be spoiled by the beautiful quilt they're pooping on! Put a few marbles in the waterer - it will help keep them dry when they get in it.

8. MMPoultryFarms

MMPoultryFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    Okarche Oklahoma
    Quote:hehe looks like paper towels to me. [​IMG] hehe [​IMG]

9. Arcane Araucana

Arcane Araucana Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2010
    Fort Mohave

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're right. I thought "she must be nuts" - turns out I am!

10. MMPoultryFarms

MMPoultryFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    Okarche Oklahoma

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're right. I thought "she must be nuts" - turns out I am!

AWW big group hug. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by