Babies arrive in 3 days.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Heineken, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Heineken

Heineken New Egg

Dec 24, 2014
    mission
    We are so excited, my brother in law built us a very cheap but very cool coop. I pre ordered 15 hens and 1 rooster from a place called "the little red barn hatchery" in maple ridge British Columbia. They are all gonna be silver laced wyandotte's. :):):). If anyone has any tips would sure love to hear them. Thanks.
    [​IMG]

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome
    Glad you could join the flock! Congratulations on getting new chicks. This section of the learning centre has some great articles on raising chicks. Here is the link https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-and-raising-chicks

My tips would be as follows- Keep them warm under heat, dry, draft free, plenty of room, clean and have food and water available at all times for them.

Enjoy your new babies and be sure to ask any more questions you may have. Everyone here to help you.
    Enjoy BYC :frow

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  3. Heineken

Heineken New Egg

Dec 24, 2014
    mission
    Hey thankyou very much :)

4. lovemy6hens

lovemy6hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2013
    Central Texas
    Congratulations! There are many, many resources on BYC and a great knowledge base of members.

My best advice: Spend as much time with them as you can. :)

5. Heineken

Heineken New Egg

Dec 24, 2014
    mission
    Thank you lovemy6hens :)

6. lovemy6hens

lovemy6hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2013
    Central Texas
    You're welcome.

P.S.- My silver laced wyandotte, Katy Pecky, is my current avatar. She's very talkative and I hope yours will be too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by