Babies first Christmas

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Attack Chicken, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    We finally got some pictures of Kernal and Krispy by the Christmas tree. It's their first Christmas and they were amazed!
    Kernal:(He looks like he saying HumBUG!)LOL
    [​IMG]
    Krispy:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  2. Nikki28

Nikki28 David Bowie is my co-pilot

Dec 15, 2008
    What pretty boys! I mean handsome men! Do they live in the house or just come in to visit?

3. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    LOL Krispy is a girl, Nikki!!!! They are very pretty. I have a huge weak spot for White Leghorns. They can be the most precious chickens ever!!!!

4. Nikki28

Dec 15, 2008
    Quote:Man I always say the wrong thing! even to chickens! Well I have a lot to learn about chickens I guess. [​IMG]

5. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Kernal is the boy and Krispy is a girl :p Yeah They live in the house and soon Kernal is to be a daddy!

6. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Quote:Man I always say the wrong thing! even to chickens! Well I have a lot to learn about chickens I guess. [​IMG]

Ohhhh.....I wasn't trying to make you feel bad. Sorry. [​IMG] Many a Leghorn hen has been called "he" with those big combs!!!! [​IMG]

7. Nikki28

Dec 15, 2008

Ohhhh.....I wasn't trying to make you feel bad. Sorry. [​IMG] Many a Leghorn hen has been called "he" with those big combs!!!! [​IMG]

No I didnt feel bad lol don't worry. The funny thing was I was joking with my friend about how I always seem to say the wrong thing. She almost died when I told her I managed to insult a hen by saying it was a rooster. I just thought "he" was a less robust rooster. [​IMG]

8. BJ

BJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2007
    They are really beautiful. His comb is perfect. He looks like a show-off!! I wish I could have mine live inside...I'm so tired of this cold weather....

9. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I love Kernal's big red comb and wattles. He looks totally healthy and happy (well, they both do!). He also has really, really nice sickles; they are the perfect shape.

I love how he is staring you down while you take a picture of him. You can hardly find his eyes among all that comb, wattles, and beak! Hee hee.

Thanks for sharing! They are cool!

10. Chicken Girl

Chicken Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Quote:How do you have them inside? vary vary nice looken birds!!! i have leghorns too and a roo just like that his name is tom! lol not J/K ing!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by