1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Babies! new pix

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SueD, Aug 6, 2007.

1. SueD

SueD Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2007
    Pittstown,NJ
    Okay, as promised. Here are a few pics of a few of the new babies that kept me up half the night lol. I hope this works. They are about 15 hours old here. I think there are 8 babies all together. I will get pics of them all when Mom decides to let them out lol. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    [​IMG] CUTE!!!

3. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Thanks for sharing, SueD, they are adorable! Bet it was all worth it, losing a lil sleep and bashin your head. [​IMG]

Jill

4. CtlisencedArborist

CtlisencedArborist Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2007
    Eastford,Ct
    Wow thats great.There in a dog kennel right.I need some ?"s answered about hatching if youd mine answering them?Did you just pic a lasie that lookd like it was gettin knocd up by your roo and stick it in the pen?Did you let her out to pee,lol?Not knew to chx but knew to hatching.[​IMG]

5. SueD

SueD Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2007
    Pittstown,NJ
    Actually, I brought in the dog kennel last night after they started hatching. She WAS up in a box on her nest but I didnt want the chicks to fall off the ledge. I moved everyone down low and I used the dog kennel to lock them in so that none of the other chickens could bother her. I plan on opening the kennel in a day or so when the chicks are running around and Moma can guard them without worrying about hatching anymore of them. Im new also. This is my first babies and chicks. I bought the mom and roo together a few months ago, along with another silkie pair. Also two cross bred young hens that have not had babies yet.

6. SueD

SueD Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2007
    Pittstown,NJ
    LOL yep Jill, they are so worth the bump on the head. I've done worse trying to save an animal! It's always worth it!

Thanks,
    Sue

7. skatcatla

skatcatla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2007
    ACK! Look at those fluffballs!! Congrats on your new "grand kids." [​IMG]

8. Red

Red Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2007
    Oh wow, they're beautiful! [​IMG]

Red

9. SueD