Babies on their way!!

Theda's Mom

Songster
12 Years
Jul 1, 2007
Moscow TN
My new babies are due to arrive today!!! I've got all the equipment staged in the tack room (which is where I put my brooder because it has a concrete floor, lights, and electricity. All that's left to do is assemble everything and wait for the post office to call.

It's like waiting for Christmas!!

Yes, Christmas indeed! Very exciting time. I practically ran over to the post office as soon as the truck arrived.

wee.gif

I know the feeling. My chicks should have been here this morning, but they aren't here yet. I'm so anxious. They might come on the afternoon delivery from UPS, but if not, they won't be here until tomorrow morning. What a bummer. How am I supposed to sleep knowing my chicks had to spend a whole day in that dang box?

you should call the post office anyhow just to make sure that they didn't get misplaced or they didn't know they were suppose to call or something like that. OR they called and left a message at your place of employment even though you took the day off to pick up your chicks!!

I called yesterday to let them know they were coming and this morning to check if they were there. I'll probably call again around 3pm to check if they came in the afternoon shipment. I also live in a very small town, so the Post Office workers know all of us pretty much by name and face.

But, I'm definitely backing the call and check method. lol

I called the post office too, but no luck. I got worried, went back and read the fine print on the order, and realized they may not arrive until tomorrow. grrrrr. Oh well, at least their new home is ready for them.

I hope they're all right ..

A little of everything!!

Golden-laced wynadotte
Red cochin
Partridge rock
Australorp
Silver-spangled Hamburg

They came first thing this morning and are settling in happily: everyone seems healthy, lively, and HUNGRY!

The Hamburg is living up to her billing already, she's the energizer bunny bird!!
lol.png
Zoom here, Zoom there!

I love chicks. There's got to be a law against them being so darned cute!! I could spend the entire day watching them.

Back
Top Bottom