Babies! *Pics Added*

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jessied1227, Aug 10, 2007.

1. jessied1227

jessied1227 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    East Brady, PA
    Okay, so the Big Butler County Farm Show is going on right now and me and my 4 year old went to see the sights tonight.

Well, you know I had to walk through the poultry tent, lol. I was kind of disappointed, there weren't many birds, and a few of them looked awful! One pair of silkies had these REALLY long curled toenails, it was terrible.

BUT - there was, of course the giant cage of baby chicks. I walked past it, only looking I said, twice.

Well, anyway, we had to walk past the poultry tent on the way out - honest, there really was no other way to the car - and we walked through the tent the third time and well, now we have 4 little 8 day old Americana chicks.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

As soon as I can get the 4 year old down off her sugar high and to sleep, I will post pics.

*sigh*
    I haven't told my hubby yet. He's at work. Anyone have any good alibis? [​IMG]

Jess

Last edited: Aug 10, 2007
  2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I know one. You went back to the car and they followed you there!

3. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    Awwwwwww I can't wait to see pics!

Whats your husbands likely reaction?

You could say they were the last little ones left and you felt bad.... if he'll go for that - does he have a soft heart?

You could say they were FREE, or you won them?

4. jessied1227

Mar 31, 2007
    East Brady, PA
    See, he'll most likey shake his head and shrug and say, whatever, but he thinks I've gone mad.

My FIL lives with us and is an astute animal hater. All he said was oh, Christ, you and your G.D. birds. My MIL thinks they are adorable. He rolled his eyes when I said excitedly, but they'll lay green eggs!! [​IMG]

LMAO, well, the hubby will be home from work in an hour and a half, so we'll just see what he has to say.

edited for poor spelling.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2007
  5. jessied1227

Mar 31, 2007
    East Brady, PA
    The "get them through the night" brooder:
    [​IMG]

Babies!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] So much fun!!! [​IMG]
    Jess

6. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    Oh they are lovely!!!
    They look alot like our little ones, Sandra and Peep!

7. stallionhawk

stallionhawk Out Of The Brooder

I was there also, I fell in love with the white silkie hen, but don't know the owner. I was going to get chicks, but they only had barred rocks and ee's. I was there the first night of the fair, and i felt they had too many chicks in that cage. If they would have had silkies, I would have bought them all.[​IMG]

8. Omeletta

Omeletta Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2007
    Alberta, Canada
    Absolutely darling! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by