Babies played outside for 3 hours!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by swampcat, May 20, 2011.

1. swampcat

swampcat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    Brooklyn, CT
    Finally there was a couple warm rain-free hours today so I took all 8 of my babies out. The 6 weekers have been coming out with me as long as it's over 55 (they are just about feathered out now) but the 2 weekers have only been out once or twice because it's been such crappy weather. Today they were in chickie heaven. They found a million worms, lots of ants, a few grubs, and lots of places to take dust baths. They ran around and played for 3 hours before a storm started to move in and I had to bring them inside. They were all tuckered out. So cute!! [​IMG]

There wont be any detrimental effects of them not being at the "right temperature" for those few hours, will there? They weren't huddled and they were running around happily. It was about 70 outside but they are still mostly fluff with just some wing and tail feathers coming in. I don't think there will be, but I'm a nervous new chicken mommy [​IMG]

2. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    No pics?? [​IMG] [​IMG]

I took mine outside several times when they were still fluffy and temp about the same and mine have been just fine! [​IMG]

3. swampcat

Apr 18, 2011
    Brooklyn, CT
    Quote:I should upload them. They are so difficult to get standing still for a moment!

4. earnhardtlvr

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    [​IMG] Silly Swampcat! They don't know HOW to stand still!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I don't know how many DOZENS of pics I have deleted in the last 7 weeks with my babies cuz they were all blurry or I only caught the butt in the pic...etc [​IMG]

5. swampcat

Apr 18, 2011
    Brooklyn, CT
    Leopard dude looking for munchies

[​IMG]

Lil Peanut chillin out after a crazy dirt bath

[​IMG]

Roo-ie on the prowl

[​IMG]

Dirty babes

[​IMG]

Of course I didn't bust out the camera until after they finished playing worm football [​IMG]

6. swampcat

Apr 18, 2011
    Brooklyn, CT
    Quote:Someone had mentioned in a previous thread to make a loud noise to get them all to stop for a moment... but I think I just made myself "the crazy neighbor lady squawking at her chickens" since it didn't really phase them [​IMG]

7. earnhardtlvr

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    OMG! [​IMG] They r beautiful! Their coloring is so pretty! Thanks for sharing ur pics! [​IMG]

8. swampcat

Apr 18, 2011
    Brooklyn, CT
    Thanks! [​IMG]

9. Wildflower_VA

Wildflower_VA Chillin' With My Peeps

Lil Peanut is playing 'dead chickie' trying to scare Chicken Mama. They are adorable! I never have the camera when mine are doing something cute or silly.

10. khoracek

khoracek Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    This is kinda a dumb question but how can I catch them. Mine are still in the barn in a large enclosed "pen". I would love to let them run and stretch but I'm afraid I could get them back

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by