1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Babies!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by megshenhut, Jul 29, 2008.

1. megshenhut

megshenhut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2007
    Central Colorado
    I finally hatched out 9 chicks yesterday out of a batch of 14 mutt eggs. I'm super happy because this is my 4th try this year. Everyone is doing fine. They hatched yesterday and I put them under my broody cuckoo maran early, early this morning way before daylight. When I checked on them at 8 a.m., she is still sitting on the nest with all these little tiny heads popping out. She seems happy and so do they. And my DH is super happy that I'm not going to try incubating any more eggs this year![​IMG]

2. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    Congrats! Why is it the mutt eggs always hatch better? lol

I just unplugged the bator. It's been going since March. I was a little sad that I'm done.

3. megshenhut

megshenhut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2007
    Central Colorado
    For the same reason that mixed breed dogs have fewer health issues. I don't care that they are mutts at this point in time. I tried 2 batches of purebred eggs (shipped) and got zero chickens. I'm just so excited to see live babies that actually hatched!! Now if they just aren't all roos. [​IMG]

4. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Congratulations on such a great hatch! [​IMG]

5. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    Good Job Hatching! [​IMG]

Pictures PLZ!!! [​IMG]

6. banter