babies!!!!

mmclaughlin

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 28, 2013
New Hampshire
Ok chicken friends.......most people think I'm crazy but I know you all get it!!
I checked on my broody... hatch day was targeted as 8/20 but this am she was actually off the eggs when i checked... I saw a pipped egg?? (a section was just membrane) ans I hear chirping!!! so excited... but sad I have to work all day :( hope everything will be ok when I get home!!
question why was she up off the eggs?? and why no "3 lock down'??

hopping to see some fuzzy chicks later today!!

thanks for listening to the crazy chicken lady!!

You more than likely caught your broody doing her morning "gotta grab some feed, drink some water, and POOP quickly!" Broodies will get off the nest at least once a day to do that...I hope you see lots of little fuzzy-butts when you get home!! Keep us updated.

Came home from work and got a glimps of 3 fluffy babies!! 3 eggs to go 2 I think are "iffy"
So may by only 1 more to hatch .. Waiting patiently for mom to get up and show off her babies
Will post pics when I get a peek

Ok chicken friends.......most people think I'm crazy but I know you all get it!!
I checked on my broody... hatch day was targeted as 8/20 but this am she was actually off the eggs when i checked... I saw a pipped egg?? (a section was just membrane) ans I hear chirping!!! so excited... but sad I have to work all day :( hope everything will be ok when I get home!!
question why was she up off the eggs?? and why no "3 lock down'??

hopping to see some fuzzy chicks later today!!

thanks for listening to the crazy chicken lady!!
As stated above, she was most likely taking her "daily constitutional". Chickens don't get the "3 day lockdown" thing - I don't think they read the same book we did.
smile.png
Looking forward to pictures!

Actually she was in the next nesting box sitting on an unfurled egg laid earlier lol!
I put water and food next to her she ate and drank some and took mealworms from my hand :) so we wait for the,others and hope to get a peek soon!
Thanks for the support :)

so I was able to steal these 2 for a quick pic(not great ones)!! I think there is 4.. 2 not hatched yet!! hope she will get them up later today can't wait to see them!!

Please help...
Came home today to 4 very healthy chicks.. 1 unfortunately was stuck tring to hatch since last night/this morning? So I used a warm moist towel and the membrane came right off I put it back under mom it was peeping and moving but very weak. Should I leave it with mom or set up a brooder and nurse it?? Should I try doing something to help?
Thanks

Please don't feel bad or blame yourself at all! I am such a stressful person and I candled my eggs every other day (they are due to hatch tomorrow or Thursday) and I'm wondering if I did the right thing and if I killed them by doing this. You went with your instincts and who knows, she might have just been really tired from struggling. Just keep an eye on her. There isn't any water near her is there? I had a chick with a bad foot once and after I helped him out of his shell, I put him under mom...come to find later he had wandered over to the tiny drink thing and had drowned.

Back
Top Bottom