baby and teenager ID needed please....dial-up warning!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sred98, May 10, 2009.

1. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Well, I got a camera for Mother's Day! [​IMG] So...thought I would try it out here! LOL!

I bought this as a BO pullet, but I think it is a RIR, and possibly pullet.

[​IMG]

Here is my Polish. Any guesses to color and sex?
    [​IMG]
    one more:
    [​IMG]
    This one I thought was a roo, but her comb isn't developing. Her tail is long and curly though. She is a white leghorn/BR mix.
    [​IMG]
    Is Marigold a Golden Comet??
    [​IMG]
    This is the coolest colored bird! It's a BR/leghorn mix like the other, but he has light barring on him! When his feathers were coming in, I kept thinking he was dirty all the time!
    [​IMG]
    Another shot of him:
    [​IMG]
    Here he is next to a regular BR:
    [​IMG]

He looks like a standard BR except for the color. If anyone is interested in using him for a breeding project, let me know. I hate to eat him, but we have too many roos. Imagine that! LOL!

This IS a blue Andalusian PULLET, right??? I'm hoping to show her. If anyone wants to critique her, go for it! She is 2 months.
    [​IMG]

Love to hear y'all's feedback!

Shelly

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  2. CrazyChicks

CrazyChicks Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2009
    Your birds are so cute!

I LOVE your little polish, the blue Andalusian is adorable too!!![​IMG]

Sorry I can't help with the breed or gender.

3. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Here we go!

1) Yes, definately NOT a BO. RIR maybe, or sex-link, or production red, i cant really tell. A little to early for me to tell, and I cant see the color on his/her comb/wattles.

2)White polish - and I have no clue on gender. Sorry!

3)yes, marigold is a golden comet [​IMG]

And as for your andalusian.........I dont know hardly anything about andalusians, but her coloring seems to be nice.....Even as far way as the picture is, I can see that she has very visible lacing. Let her fill out to see how much better she gets, then ask for critique again [​IMG]

Hope this helps [​IMG]

4. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for the replies! The feed store gets their birds from Ideal, so I think their RIR are listed as Production RIR. Whatever that means! Probably like their Ameraucanas. Something that fits the general description, but not the standard. [​IMG]

Thanks for the compliments on the Andalusian. I was wondering if I am just partial, but she seems to already have really good confirmation, and her lacing is really coming in. I tried to get pics of the male, but he wouldn't stay still.

Shelly

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by