1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Baby at 3.5 months old...

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Frosty, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Frosty

Frosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    I thought I would post some updated pics of the baby that hatched on 9/14... she is in a chicken hut up in my daughters bedroom (DD doesn't live here anymore). I put in a branch for her to roost on, but she prefers to go into the 'upstairs' part to sleep. There is a ramp leading up, and it has wood slats on the bottom. I need to get in there and scrape them off, she is making a real mess in there. I'll probably pick up a cheap putty scraper at work in the morning before I come home from work, I doubt DH would be really impressed if I used one of his good scrapers. Anyhow, here she is!

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Cutie!

3. pedda munnangi

pedda munnangi Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2012
    Here are my 6 mo.old peafowl , peachpied hen, IB silver pied, Cameo pied split peach male, cameo hen
    , c[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cameo pied male, peach pied hen, silver pied male in the back and a few cameo split peah

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  4. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    TOO CUTE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love What kind of bedding do you have her on?

5. Yoda

Yoda Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Shady Hills, FL
    Pedda - In the last picture the first two in front they are cameo pied on left and peach pied on right correct? That is a good picture showing how close they are in color. Cameo is a little darker. One day I will take a ride up to your place and buy some birds LOL [​IMG]

Frosty what a cutie you got there. Are you handling her so she will be tame for you later?

6. pedda munnangi

pedda munnangi Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2012
    Hi, Yoda and everybody, In the last picture, the one on the left is " Cameo pied split peach" male (as described by Aquaeyes-the legend in genetics--containing two Cameo genes and one purple gene ) looks a little lighter than a pure Cameo.). The one on the right is " a peach pied hen" (with one cameo gene and one purple gene on a cross over Z chromosome ). I The others in the picture are 3 Cameosplit peach males ( look more like a cameo than a peach.). Happy new year to every member and peafowl lovers Thanks.

7. Frosty

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    Gorgeous birds pedda! You must be so proud of them, I know I would be!

kuntrygirl, she is just on wood shavings that I need to change out. It's also mixed with the food that she loves to spill [​IMG]

Good job on the identification Yoda! Now maybe you can make a guess on what color my little one is? I don't handle her a whole lot, and I quit holding out meal worms for her to take. She grabs my fingers every time and got to the point where she bites me when I even reach for her. I need to get that habit broke before it gets to the point where it hurts. No biggie, she is still tame enough where she approaches me.

Anyone want to think of a name for her?

8. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Very cute!

9. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Nice looking birds!

10. Frosty

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    My best friend came up with a perfect name for her... her name is now Maya. I love it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by