Baby Bad Wings has a broken egg sticking out of her!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by goldeneggtees, Jul 18, 2010.

1. goldeneggtees

goldeneggtees Fluffy Butt Nut

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    What should I do? She looked to be in distress - only a little is sticking out, should I pull it out or leave it in or what? Anyone know?????

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:ok baby bad wings has an egg stuck in her? Like tried to lay an egg and its broke? Forst thing I would do is give her a warm bath-that helps her muscles relax and try to push the broken egg shells out easier-

3. goldeneggtees

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    yes, it looks like it is a broken egg shell. I will bring her in now for her warm bath, how long should she stay in, should I try and help her if it doesn't pass?

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:20 minutes or so-she will enjoy it alot she will try to pass it by herself

5. goldeneggtees

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    ok, one more question, should I bring her back outside or keep her in a box in the basement overnight, it's so hot outside right now but prob a little cold in the basement because of the temp difference.

6. goldeneggtees

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    BTW - thanks!!!!!!! :–)

7. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:I would keep her in a nice dark place-dog crate perhaps? try some scrambeled eggs with lots of olive oil-helps pass lots of stuff:) and your welcome-anytime

8. goldeneggtees

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    UPDATE: she hasn't passed anything yet. I have her inside in my basement and have given the warm bath last night and scrambled eggs this morning cooked in olive oil, do you think there is anything more I can do? She ate a bit but not as much as I would have liked to see her eat.

9. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:still eating and drinking is a good thing-I would still keep her inside in a quiet place-I would give her another bath too-can you still see the egg shells?

10. goldeneggtees

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    no, i can't see the egg anymore. but I also didn't see anything below her in the coop. i will give her a bath again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by