baby bad wings is sick - help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by goldeneggtees, Jul 29, 2011.

1. goldeneggtees

goldeneggtees Fluffy Butt Nut

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    I noticed one of my 2.5 yr old hens baby bad wings in the nest box for a long time with no egg to show for it on Wednesday. Then yesterday, I noticed she was drinking tons of water so I picked her up to look her over and she threw up all the water she had been drinking. Today, she was standing around looking tired and puffed up. And again she was drinking tons of water. When I picked her up being careful not to disturb her crop, she threw up so much water, I couldn't believe it. I brought her in and made her a special treat of eggs, yogurt and laying crumble and she wasn't at all interested in the treat. I don't know what is going on. Please help if you can. I don't know what to do.

2. goldeneggtees

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    Hi, just bumping to see if anyone knows what I should do? Does this sound like sour crop? If so, what is the treatment for it? Or do you think she can be eggbound? I have no idea. Never experienced this before.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  3. goldeneggtees

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    I just felt her crop closely for the first time, it is huge, like a baseball.

Please someone reply, I don't know what's happening with BYC but anytime I post an emergency, I never get any replies. [​IMG]

4. Daisy668

Daisy668 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    Aww... I don't know either but maybe get her on anti-biotics in could be an infection..
    Hope someone can help soon!!!!
    Daisy. xx

5. goldeneggtees

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks Daisy668! I hope someone can help too, I'm not sure if I am dealing with sour crop or impacted crop.

6. Daisy668

Daisy668 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    I don't know about sour crop or impacted crop really but with impacted crop it is meant to feel hard...
    Hope Someone helps!!!
    Daisy.xx

7. goldeneggtees

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks again. Where is everyone when you need them? [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Sounds like an impacted or sour crop! Does it feel hard or more like a water filled balloon??

9. GA_in_GA

GA_in_GA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    Southwest Georgia
    Have you searched for sour crop and/or impacted crop on BYC yet. I know I've read about both in earlier threads. Post more info and perhaps a photo of your hen - might get more response if you have more info. I am still new here, so I have nothing to say that can help with treatment. Sorry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by