Baby bantam cochins from Ideal (pics)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by buckyphifer, Mar 16, 2008.

1. buckyphifer

buckyphifer Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2008
    Northwest Tennessee
    Here are some pics of our new babies. We received the white and blue cochins on March 7 and the self blue on March 14. Its amazing how much they grow in one week! This was my first time to order poultry so I was a little nervous. However, I have been so impressed with Ideal and will definitely order again. Their staff is so friendly and helpful and my chicks are all in great shape.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Those are just precious! [​IMG]

3. slyfoxpeeps

slyfoxpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Lewisburg, WV
    They are beautiful! I've been trying to hatch some golden lace cochin bantams and not having very good success. Maybe I should order! Love those self blues!

4. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Very cute. I just hatched some bantam cochins from eggs I got in the swap. The person has black, blue and white. So I got one white, two black and two that might be blue, but they are not as light as yours so maybe they are all black, not sure. Congrats on your chicks.

Marie

5. Alleyoops25

Alleyoops25 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2007
    Colorado
    I love cochins!!! Those babies are definatly worth being proud of. The are very, very cute!!

6. DFCottage

DFCottage Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Montpelier, Virginia
    What is a self-blue? One showed up in our order from MMH and I had no idea what it was. I thought it might be a splash..

7. buckyphifer

buckyphifer Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2008
    Northwest Tennessee
    A self blue is what is sometime referred to as a lavendar. Unlike the regular blue that can produce 3 different colors, a self blue always produces self blue. The first self blue I saw was old english and I have 2 of them. To me, they are just really pretty and different. Congrats on your find! I think you will really be pleased.

8. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    I heart cochin bantams-I decided I needed a variety in my flock this year, so I didn't get any, but I'll miss those fuzzy cochin butts! Sute!!

9. ChickPeas

ChickPeas Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Iron Station, NC
    What beautiful babies!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by