1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Baby Bantam Cochins - what color?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Bleenie, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

We got our order from Ideal today! 33 assorted and 25 assorted bantam cochins. There's a few of the cochins that are just GORGEOUS, a really dark brassy-brown color. I couldn't find the color on the website so figured I would ask here.

Here's some pictures. We put all the chicks in together but these ones are Definitely from the cochin batch.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also got this lovely thing in the assorted bantam order. Any guesses on breed? also couldn't find a picture to match on the site.
    [​IMG]

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    the cochins look like partridges

3. PoultryGirly

PoultryGirly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    Partridge Cochins!!!

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    x2

5. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Thanks guys, There were some others that I thought were partridge but I guess they're a different color!

Any guesses on the last bantam chick? it is Not a Cochin though :)

6. chickenmama22

chickenmama22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2007
    Oooh, I got my order of bantam cochins today and bantam wyandottes from Ideal today. I took a bunch of chick pictures because I don't know what's what. At least I know that the dark brown ones are partridges. (Thanks!) I'll be posting my pictures on another thread so I don't hijack this one!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by