1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Baby Bantams - Silkie mix and what else? Newbie needs help identifying!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Peeps4me, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Peeps4me

Peeps4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Went to the feed store on Friday for supplies and of course came home with a box of chicks. They had just received their shipment and there I was when the box of mixed Bantams was opened. How can anyone resist?

One is a Silkie, another I think is a Silkie mix as it has similar feathering and 5 toes. Its legs are slate colored and its beak is light. The others I am not sure about either. d'uccle's or something else? This is so much fun trying to figure out what breeds I may have. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    [​IMG] does it have a beard?? favourals

3. Peeps4me

Peeps4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks hdowden. I do like the d'uccles and I was hoping that is what they were. I have 4 others that look like the one on the right in the first photo and then I have one which is even a lighter color. The mixed Silkie chick has the same amount of feathering under it's chin as the Silkie. It sure is a sweet little thing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by