Baby bobwhites..oh so cute!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by hinkjc, May 27, 2008.

1. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    25 little bobwhite chicks and 2 white bobwhites. We just moved them to the brooder and I had to snap some pics cuz they're just such cutie pies. They buzz around like little bees already. lol Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jody

2. Ace_king_brahma

Ace_king_brahma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Castroville, Texas
    Super cute! I love bobwhites but don't have much luck with them. How is your survival rate? Me and Mrs. Bird-Brain had poor survival rates on ours.

3. nutmeggie

nutmeggie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Northern Michigan
    How cute!! I want qail!!!!!

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    So cute! Beautiful looking babies there.

5. JaciesCoop

JaciesCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    OMGosh!! Something else to put on the list of "things I want but certainly don't need!!

6. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    Quote:Haha! Same here! [​IMG]

7. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Aww, thanks everyone. I love hatching the bobwhites. They seem to be the easiest thing to hatch, but I agree lots of folks have trouble with survival. I don't have too much trouble, but we have them for several years now and are pretty used to what makes them tick. They are fussy little birds and like things just their way. If everything is right, they tend to do well, but if something is slightly off they don't. This can be related to temps, feed, space, etc. I find grinding their feed for the first week or so helps them get a good start. The gamebird feeds seem too big for them to get a good fill up, so we grind it to almost dust. They really like it and it works well.

Jody

8. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Gosh, it's been SOOOOOOOO long since I've seen baby bobwhites. They're adorable Jody!!! Congrats [​IMG]

9. sara

sara Title Needed Here

They are cute!

10. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Gosh, just when I thought the hatch was over, they are still coming. There were 6 eggs left when I emptied the incubator and I heard one cheep, so I decided to let them be another day and see what happens.

Another white just hatched and another regular bobwhite chick is working its way around the shell. [​IMG] So 2 more for sure. Guess I will hold out some hope for those last 4 eggs. [​IMG]

Jody

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by