1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Baby bunny with a tilted head??***update with pics****

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by codymax2, Sep 11, 2011.

1. codymax2

codymax2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Liverpool, NY
    Hello, I have a litter of bunnies born 8/19 and all have faired well so far. Today while out moving the tractor I saw one of the black ones looking at me with it's head tilted to one side. At first I thought he was just startled and watching what I was doing but it never stopped. I picked it up and help it head on and still tilted?? Any ideas? Is it a brain issue or maybe a vitamin defeciency? They are with Mama and nursing fine, have access to the grass, and pellets. Thanks for reading, Anne

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  2. bt03

bt03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Over the rainbow...
    A friend of mine had a rabbit once with this problem... Get it to the vet now. She thought it was vitamins and waited one extra day and all the meds hey gave her weren't enough to save her. It was some kind of virus or fungus or something of that sort that can only be treated with medication. If she starts spinning it will be harder to save her.

3. codymax2

Jul 7, 2010
    Liverpool, NY
    I think it may have an ear infection after doing some research. If so what can I use to treat him? Anyone have an idea? I don't have the means to bring it to the vet.

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:That was my very first thought!!!!! Google is your friend.

5. codymax2

Jul 7, 2010
    Liverpool, NY
    I was waiting for you [​IMG] I can't find anything on what to use for the poor guy [​IMG] It's not spinning in circles or anything.

6. debilorrah

No it won't. It will just shake it's head, futz with ear.

7. debilorrah

8. debilorrah

OH!!! And take some oil. Vegetable, olive, mineral, what ever and coat the inside of the ear with it. If it is mites, that will cure it. And it can't hurt anything.

9. debilorrah

Cody? Next time just PM me. I am always here. Always.

10. codymax2

Jul 7, 2010
    Liverpool, NY
    Thanks!! Seems their is no"cure" just treatment. If it's pasturella like I think. The baby is only 3 weeks, I can't safely separate it from Mama can I? To prevent spreading, or do you think it's too late! UGGG I'll see how its doing tomorrow and take some pics. Have you seen this before?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by