Baby Button Quail needs a new home (FREE, South Florida pick up only)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Boink, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Boink

Boink New Egg

Aug 29, 2010
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I have a cute little baby button quail that I'd like to find a new home for and am willing to just give it away to someone at no charge, provided the individual has everything they need to take care of it. The baby will be just 2 weeks old come 9/03/2010, it's going to be silvery grey colored, and I suspect it may be female based on some of its current behavior (sometimes it does the submissive "bow" typical of female button quails). I've given it a lot of one on one time so it's very used to human contact, if someone would like to keep it as a pet. If you live in the South Florida area and are interested, contact me and we can arrange a time for you to come pick it up.

2. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

darn! wish I was close to you... [​IMG] baby would be coming home with me!

3. Boink

Boink New Egg

Aug 29, 2010
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Oh me too. I really hope I can find a good home for it, otherwise I'll have to drop it off at the local feed store to be put into the mix of all the other button quail for sale. It/she really is so sweet...the minute I put my hand in her cage, she and her sister run over to nuzzle into my cupped palm.

4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Darn IT! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I need a little female from a different line for my lone male ... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    You wouldn't consider shipping would you?
    I guess not - it prolly wouldn't make it. [​IMG]

5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Just curious - why can't you keep her?
    It's not like she is a chicken and takes up a whole lot of space. [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by