Baby Buttons and Coturnix~~ My Dec. 2 hatch~Pics added

Discussion in 'Quail' started by The Critter Place, Dec 5, 2011.

1. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    So Many cuties being posted in the past few days!
    Congratulations to all the new fuzzy butt's owners!
    I hope more join soon! I know Orange Ribbon is due for lockdown soon. Anyone else?

O.K.
    Here's my hatch and new Fuzzy Butts!
    I have chicks from Quaillady and ShelleyD! Button and a few Coturnix. [​IMG]

Quaillady,
    Here's your babies~ [​IMG]
    I see 2 maybe 3 tux's!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's as we started to add in Shelley's... I tried to put a leg band on Quaillady's but they all slipped off . [​IMG] so much for that idea, and only had one brooder... so I"m sorry I wasn't able to seperate to show Shelley's seperate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the whole hatch over the past few days...
    A few Coturnix in there too.. [​IMG] Quaillady, I just love the Tibetans!!!

[​IMG]

Bed time...

[​IMG]

I'm so excited !! They are just so precious!! I can't wait to start seeing the colors come in!

But there are 2 I'd love to know if anyone has any ideas on now.
    I think these are from Shelley's eggs..

The dark one in the front corner with the 2 copper/orangish stripes and the little blond off to the right with the same color stipes..
    I'm dying to know what they are.. it's such a unique color and patern. lol...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  2. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    wow too cute, thanks for sharing pics [​IMG]

3. joe125

joe125 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    The dark one in the front corner with the 2 copper/orangish stripes and the little blond off to the right with the same color stipes..
    I'm dying to know what they are.. it's such a unique color and patern. lol...

They will be range pattern, Medium/Rosetta color birds with a full tux, or splashes of white on their breast. It's hard to tell because they were most likely crossed with a wild pattern white, not an English/range pattern white. Only time will tell.
    They will be pretty birds!​

4. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    mochicken~
    Thanks! I like to scoop up a bunch and just let them run around in my hand. They're so soft!

Joe~
    Thanks for some color help.
    I'll post as they grow.

5. bfrancis

bfrancis Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2010
    Okmulgee Co, Oklahoma
    Nice fuzzy butts [​IMG] Hoping in a couple weeks to post pics of my own [​IMG]

6. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:They will be range pattern, Medium/Rosetta color birds with a full tux, or splashes of white on their breast. It's hard to tell because they were most likely crossed with a wild pattern white, not an English/range pattern white. Only time will tell.
    They will be pretty birds!

I think she was talking cbbq here Joe [​IMG]

7. navasima

navasima Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    New Mexico
    Way cute!! Congrats!

8. mz.candiz

mz.candiz Out Of The Brooder

Nov 18, 2011
    Edmonton
    Cute cute!!! Can't wait to see them grow up! Keep us updated with lots of pictures [​IMG]

9. joe125

joe125 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    Quote:They will be range pattern, Medium/Rosetta color birds with a full tux, or splashes of white on their breast. It's hard to tell because they were most likely crossed with a wild pattern white, not an English/range pattern white. Only time will tell.
    They will be pretty birds!

I think she was talking cbbq here Joe [​IMG]

Ok Alex. Not sure what talking "cbbq" really means, but I was talking out of my vent. Is that the same thing? [​IMG]

10. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:I think she was talking cbbq here Joe [​IMG]

Ok Alex. Not sure what talking "cbbq" really means, but I was talking out of my vent. Is that the same thing? [​IMG]

Cbbq= Chinese Blue Breasted Quail

But the vent talking is good Joe! LOL!

Jojo, looks like you had a great hatch there! You should post the silkies too! I sent Jojo extra silkie eggs with her quail order [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by