1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Baby chick always looking very tired

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by AEROBB, Apr 22, 2017.

1. AEROBB

AEROBB New Egg

Apr 21, 2017
    Hi all, I had 3 chicks hatch day 20 and 2 hatch day 21, 1 passed away and the other one hatched on day 21 looks very weak and sleeps a lot, is this normal? They have been in brooder now for 2 days the others are all fluffy and bouncing around and it seems still very tired and worn out. Any tips, I have been sticking its beak in the water and food to make sure it's drinking and eating, is this normal in some chicks?? Any advice would be great, thanks

2. ShellyBear

ShellyBear Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    Hatching is a lot of work and even after 1 day out of the incubator so he may just be resting but if it gets any worse try giving it a bit of Gatorade and see. Watch to make sure he does drink and eat, and is he smaller than the other?

1 person likes this.
  3. AEROBB

AEROBB New Egg

Apr 21, 2017
    So it's been a few days now, it's still alive. But it seems not able to walk for very long very wobbly on it's feet. I will just wait and see how it goes.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  4. ShellyBear

ShellyBear Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    Ok, best of luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by