HannahL

Songster
Jan 11, 2018
Hi all. Just posting this thread to confirm that he will be okay. So I was playing with my sisters slime which includes Borax, Glue, etc. I had a little bit stuck on my fingernail when I picked up my 1 week old rooster Joey. He saw it and picked up the small amount of slime and ate it. Since I know that some of the ingredients in slime are toxic and since he is so little I just wanted to make sure that such a small amount wouldn’t hurt him. I might be being paranoid, but I just lost a hen to poisoning so I want to be sure that his little body can handle it. Thanks.

Unfortunately, I do not know the answer. Do you happen to have any activated charcoal on hand?
No I don’t. What is that? It was a fairly small amount (less than one fourth of a teaspoon) but I’ll do anything I can to ensure that he stays healthy.

It may just pass through him. I really fmdon’t know. I’m so sorry.

Activated charcoal bonds to toxins so they can pass through without causing harm. I bought some on amazon for my flock, but ended up needing it for my dog!

Good luck. I hope your little sweetie is OK.

I would like to avoid bringing him to the vet unnecessarily. However; if he does start to show sickly symptoms I will be sure to bring him. He already has some chick grit in this feed. Does anyone know where to get activated charcoal quickly? Does anyone think that he will not become sick at all? I know that it might be hard to determine but I’m just looking for like some sort of idea of how this might effect his health. As in, does anyone think he will become sick/not become sick. Also, thank you all sooo much for replying so quickly. It’s really helped me a lot.

Has he been pooping ok and eating ok? If he has, I would suggest that he might even have passed it already
Yes he has been pooping, eating, moving about normally. He seemed slightly lethargic last night but he may have just been tired. He seemed himself this morning so I am hoping that he just passed it.

Back
Top Bottom