BABY CHICK BLEEDING FROM BUTT HEL PLEASE

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by martingomez, Sep 6, 2013.

1. martingomez

martingomez New Egg

Sep 6, 2013
    FIRST HE COULD NOT WALK HE WALKED BUT JUST FELL TO THE SIDE THEN I FIND BLOOD
    [​IMG]

2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    More information would have been helpful, but I'm going to guess that is bloody poop. Since cocci can be a life threatening emergency, and since some strains of cocci cause bloody poop, I'm going to suggest you get some Corid (amprolium) from the feed store, and give it to all your chicks. Since you probably can't get it til tomorrow, if you have any yogurt or buttermilk, try to get a little of that into them tonight. You may have to give it by dropper along the side of their beak. I'll give you a link with the dose for Corid and another that gives a home remedy in the meantime, in case you happen to have the ingredients. If nothing else, do add some powdered milk to their feed (and give a little by dropper if needed.)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/775739/blood-in-older-chicks-stool/0_20#post_11087272

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/186479/milk-flush-for-coccidiosis/0_20

3. martingomez

martingomez New Egg

Sep 6, 2013
    it has like a little ball sticking out in his rectum with a hole ?

4. martingomez

martingomez New Egg

Sep 6, 2013
    BUT I JUSR FOUND OUT SOMEONE SQUISHED THE BABY CHICK IS THAT THE PROBLEM

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    [​IMG]That's gross!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2013
  6. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    It certainly could be. Nothing to do, really, but separate it from the others, and wait and see.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by