Baby chick born with spraddle leg curled toes and one foot turned inward Baby chick born with sprag

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Eli1977, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Eli1977

Eli1977 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2016
    Eli1977
    As the thread title sais there is absolutely everything wrong with my new baby chick but ( Blondie is her name) she is the sweetest little thing you ever saw. Very small and very smart. Her and her sister blacky are inseparable. I have helped her with the sprag leg by having her wear a brace I made out of a hair tie and some tape and I put bandaid on her feet to spread out the toes. All worked well and she us a happy bunny well a happy chickie. But the one thing I don't know how to fix is her inward turned foot. Any ideas???

2. Gresh

Gresh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    North Carolina
    Sounds like you are doing the right thing with the brace. As for the foot, I'm not sure how to help you there myself, but contacting someone like Eggcessive or another user with the rank of Flock Master can be a good way to get the information you need. Many of these users have kept chickens for years and can give valuable tips.

I hope Blondie continues to improve!

~Gresh~

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by