Baby Chick Business Idea?

x2. That'd be my main concern. Not saying you have disease in your flock/property, but I specifically buy fresh-from-the-hatchery chicks to minimize any risk of bringing disease to my flock.

Also for me personally, the 8 weeks of work you'd be saving me is 8 weeks of prime integration time I'd be missing out on.

That said, would some people pay more for started pullets? Sure - though your potential profit really depends on your area and what people in your area are willing to pay.
Thank you!

You would be better off buying the chick, raising them for 6-20 weeks then selling them yourself.
Buy 25 chicks as early as they become available. They will cost àpproximately $7 each to raise them to 16 weeks. Almost POL. With the price of the chick, you have $10 invested in each pullet. If you can't sell them for $15-25, not worth the effort.

Lots of people where I live raise chicks and sell as pullets for $10. But there's not much profit in that. I don't see it as a business. Most of these people are also selling their chicks, and the ones that don't sell get raised up as pullets and sold to break even.

Back
Top Bottom