baby chick can't walk

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by coxclan2000, May 6, 2011.

1. coxclan2000

coxclan2000 New Egg

May 6, 2011
    We have a baby chick that is 2 days old. It cannot walk or even get up on it's legs. All it can do is kinda roll around. I no not think it is splayed leg because i taped legs together and still would not sit up it just lays on it's side. any suggestions as to what it could be. Thanks

2. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    Hi and [​IMG].

If you put this in the emergencies forum, you will get more response. Sorry about your chick

3. coxclan2000

coxclan2000 New Egg

May 6, 2011
    thanks after i posted i realized it was in wrong place

4. chickenmanfla

chickenmanfla Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2011
    kill it to much effort in raising bad chciks.. unless its a straight pet kill it.

5. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. Sorry about your chick. If you don't think it is spayed leg, I dought there is anything you can do for the poor things. Try some Poly-Visol (it is an infant vitamins) for a few days. If it doesn't help then I have to agree with chickenmanfla. It is the right thing to do. [​IMG]

6. MSDeb

MSDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC, glad you decided to join us. Hope to reposted in the emergency section and got some help.

7. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. I agree about giving it Poly-vi-sol. Just make sure to get the type without iron & to taper off using it. Good luck [​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  8. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I'm sorry your chick is having problems. Let us know how she makes out.

9. broodytood

broodytood Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2011
    Swampville, Wa!
    I helped a chick out with the same problem. Splayed legs are easily fixed with a bandaid. Search for the link, it will explain how to do it. [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. GemmaPemma

GemmaPemma Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2011
    Newport
    Aww hun thats so sad when we had out seabright her feed were damaged we chanced that it would get strong and it did, shes the hardest one of the lot now! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by