Baby chick crowing?

ljf24

Songster
10 Years
Jun 4, 2009
TN
I have a baby chick. He/she is 3 days old. When I checked on it earlier it was making a very loud screech sound. Could it be trying to crow? It has a very aggressive attitude. If I stick my hands in the brooder it will chase my hand and peck me. Is it a baby roo or do some baby hens act this way too?

Quote:
3 days is pretty early for a crowing attempt, I think it's a message of some sort.

Is that your only chick? You didn't mention any others. Chickens are very social and need buddies, they will also shriek when lonely, too hot, too cold, hungry etc.

It might be pecking you for food also, is there food in the brooder all the time?

Quote:
3 days is pretty early for a crowing attempt, I think it's a message of some sort.

Is that your only chick? You didn't mention any others. Chickens are very social and need buddies, they will also shriek when lonely, too hot, too cold, hungry etc.

It might be pecking you for food also, is there food in the brooder all the time?

It always has food,water,and heat, but now that you have told me this it is probably shreiking for a buddy. Now I will have to find him one.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom