I have a golden buff, about 3-5 days old. It's right foot is injured so it doesn't really walk. I try to not let them have the heat lamp as much as possible. One time it was just laying down, cooking itself to death. I turned it off and gave it a ton of water and she lived another day. Today, I had the heat lamp facing only about 1/5 of their house. They had water and everything, but the baby chick was laying there. It would not move unless you moved it, then it would do some twitching. It can't be sleeping, the way it is laid out.