Baby chick feed

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by nmeeyore, Jun 26, 2016.

1. nmeeyore

nmeeyore New Egg

Jun 26, 2016
    Please help! I am out of chick feed and all the feed stores are closed. What can I feed my approximately 7 week old chicks?

2. Choco Maran

Choco Maran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Ribera New Mexico
    Do you have any grower or layer? You can use this for the night. Another thing you can use is cat food. Any leftovers from the nights dinner will work for the night. Use bread, spaghetti, cereal. Just about anything will work for just the night.

3. Pendragonz

Pendragonz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2015
    NWA
    Worst case scenario go out in the yard and get them some grass and weeds. Hopefully you have some chick grit to help them grind the greens into digestible bits. Otherwise follow chocomarans advice.

4. HappyOldSoul

HappyOldSoul Just Hatched

Jun 16, 2016
    My oldest.chicks are only a month but they eat everything, lol leftovers fruits and veggies, finely chopped meats even tiny bits of cheese. I add chick grit and.feed to these, but for one night it shouldn't matter. You can put them out in the yard and let them scratch and eat all they want. At farms in the old days there was no chick feed. The chicks just found their own food out there. They will be fine, stores open in the AM. :)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
    1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by