Baby Chick found under bucket!!!! What happen?!?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Pancake in the River, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Pancake in the River

Pancake in the River Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2011
    Lakestevens WA
    I went out to check on mama and a baby was missing!! [​IMG] I got the first one quiet and listened for frantic chirps..... [​IMG] heard a few and started looking aound. I was right on the noise but didn't see anything except a little red bucket....just as a reflex I picked it up and POOF..... [​IMG] this poor little fella sprinted off to mama scared and hungery. [​IMG] It could have only been there for an hour or two??? I had just gone and let them out to roam. They are about a month now so are pretty independant. I am just wondering how this could have happened?!?!?! Everyone "says" they didn't do it and I believe them.... sure the cats couldn't do it [​IMG]

My theroy is that she/he was messing around the bucket and flipped it by his/herself or some other hen turned it somehow??

I just want to know what happened??? It's so strange [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  2. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    I am glad she got safely back to mom. [​IMG]

3. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    I had a cornish x pullet do that once. Went to pick up an empty water bowl to fill it up and there she was. I'm guessing she stood on the side to get a drink and flipped it on herself.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by