Baby chick has foamy yellow poop

Chickfever2020

In the Brooder
May 30, 2020
Nine days ago I adopted 3 baby chicks from Meyers Hatchery via mail. I got an Easter egger, Olive egger and a lavender Orpington. They are the sweetest chicks. Yesterday I noticed 2 of them drop some foamy yellow poop. I was worried it might be coccidiosis but am finding conflicting info on the internet. All 3 girls are eating, drinking and are energetic. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? And, if I treat them with CORID and it’s not coccidiosis will the treatment hurt them? Thank you so much for your help.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be?
Hi there, welcome to BYC! :frow

What you are describing is just poop. I agree with the first poster.

With only 3 chicks.. as long as you keep your bedding dry and you WATER poo free.. then coccidiosis should not be an issue for you.

If they weren't vaccinated against Marek's and under quarantine.. consider bringing in a clump of grass with dirt, roots, and all (in a pan if you like).. it gives them a little exposure to the stuff in your ground before going out full time. Plus they get some natural grit and a bit of enrichment. Swap out as needed.

Pics always welcome! ;)

Hi there, welcome to BYC! :frow

What you are describing is just poop. I agree with the first poster.

With only 3 chicks.. as long as you keep your bedding dry and you WATER poo free.. then coccidiosis should not be an issue for you.

If they weren't vaccinated against Marek's and under quarantine.. consider bringing in a clump of grass with dirt, roots, and all (in a pan if you like).. it gives them a little exposure to the stuff in your ground before going out full time. Plus they get some natural grit and a bit of enrichment. Swap out as needed.

Pics always welcome! ;)
Hello, thank you for replying. The 3 chicks were vaccinated for Marek’s. I will try to dig up a clump of dirt soon to introduce to my babies.

Pics of the girls

Attachments

• 4C525279-F6E5-418F-BE0F-A0583DF4B11F.jpeg
    4C525279-F6E5-418F-BE0F-A0583DF4B11F.jpeg
    588.7 KB · Views: 21
Hello, thank you for replying. The 3 chicks were vaccinated for Marek’s. I will try to dig up a clump of dirt soon to introduce to my babies.
DON'T bring in a clump UNTIL after Marek's vaccine is fully developed in their system then.. was it 12 days?? Don't quote me, but look it up and don't jump the gun.

My little ones LOVE their heat plate! I can't believe I used lamps for 8+ years. The plate paid for itself in a single broods' worth of electricity. Cute babies! :love

Pics of the girls
DON'T bring in a clump UNTIL after Marek's vaccine is fully developed in their system then.. was it 12 days?? Don't quote me, but look it up and don't jump the gun.

My little ones LOVE their heat plate! I can't believe I used lamps for 8+ years. The plate paid for itself in a single broods' worth of electricity. Cute babies! :love
Okay thank you I will wait until they are 2 1/2-3werks old to bring in the dirt clump. Have a great weekend, take care.

Hello everyone i saw you mentioned keep a eye out for looking tierd and lazy my one chick just stands there like she is falling asleep and wobbles shes the one with the yellow mustard looking poop?now what do i do?

Back
Top Bottom