baby chick hatched with a funky leg

chickenbuttsowhat

Songster
8 Years
May 30, 2011
Danville, Arkansas
i had a baby chick hatch few nights ago its left leg is fine and normal its right leg...err well its like its a lil bit longer and goes the other way it cant walk like the rest its butts in the air and the front on the ground i tried the band aid idea when it was first hatch didnt work im trying it again and this time going to put it in a cup at night to make it stand but i was wondering is there something else i can do to help it or should i just give up and cull the poor thing
sad.png
its part barred rock part ameraucana hate to cull it so hoping someone might have some idea

hugs.gif
So sorry for the chick. I had one hatch last week with one normal leg and the other was backwards and going up instead of down. I hand fed and watered for a couple of days and it would scoot around. Just could not watch it do this any longer so I went on a thread here which used the Vinegar and baking soda method.

Hard as it is you must decide how much time and effort you are going to put into one chick. Really wish we had an answer for you. Think about this chicks Quality of life in the long term

Back
Top Bottom