1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

baby chick having trouble walking..

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Iamaqte, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Iamaqte

Iamaqte Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    Riegelsville, Pa
    Hello Everyone - I have a chicken - she is about 2 months old or so.. Her one "claw" seems like it doesnt want to open and she is having one heck of a time. I had to split her from the other chickens, cause they were trying to kill her.. She wasn't born like this either, just one day i saw her walking weird and then the other chicken came up and started beating her up! I grabed her outta there and put her in her own area.. near the others, but they can get her.

Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them? Anyone know what i can do to fix it or help her?

Thanks!
    Patti

2. alex

alex Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    i think its this one thing where the chick walks funny and you have to bandage the legs together and it should go away in a week or two. . .but i think you should ask someone about the bandage thing first before you do it. . .sorry i didnt help so much
    -alex

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by