Baby chick help! :( PICTURES INCLUDED! PLEASE ANYONE

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickitty, Feb 26, 2012.

1. chickitty

chickitty Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2012
    Mangilao, Guam
    my baby chick fell off the bed last weekend....but it was not to high...BUT ONLY now she is acting all funky. she is eating well and drinking well...also she poops well. but she is so lazy and usually stands with her head facing the floor? can anyone give me some advice AND SHE STAYS STANDING LIKE THIS UNLESS WE CALL HER OR GIVE HER FOOD i really dont want her to die :( [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  2. Silkie-lover33

Silkie-lover33 Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't think the fall hurt her. She was probably feel weird before so she fell off.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  3. Silkie-lover33

Silkie-lover33 Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't think there is much you can do. Just make sure she gets plenty of food and water and stays warm. Maybe she is lonely, does she have a friend? Try giving her some vitamins or save-a-chick

4. chickitty

Feb 18, 2012
    Mangilao, Guam
    thanks! :) she has a brother and he is not sick...i'll try the vitamins

5. chickitty

Feb 18, 2012
    Mangilao, Guam
    she is now breathing hard with her mouth and keeps sneezing

6. psycoforsilkies

psycoforsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2011
    East central Texas
    You can try some antibiotics in her water, make sure she is drinking , eating and warm! use save a chick, electrolytes or even pediylte in her water. hope she gets better

1 person likes this.
  7. chick-among-us

chick-among-us Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2011
    Dayton,Texas
    when mine do this and I have had SEVERAL sinus or respritory infections around here! WE have alot of breeds... I would make a concoction,of sugar water about two tablespoons...you make it strong because alot of times she cant drink it...use only a tad of warm water...acts like hot tea for us seems to help them breathe a bit...add to this sugar water make it a little thick,add about 1/16 teaspoon Duramyacyin not sure if thats spelled right, stir it then add about 1 cc of baby tylenol,then nutradrench about two or three drops...I also add tussin dm about three drops... mix it all together and drip into her beak...give her time she will drink it DONT FORCE IT on a bird who has to decide to breathe or drink they can drown just drip it and give her as much as she will take...this concoction has a lot of good stuff in it....if she makes it and perks up be trying to get your hands on some Tylan 50 available at tractor supply. give a 1/2 CC 2.5 or even 2.0 injection just under the skin at the base of the neck...LEt me say I have birds literally lying over eyes swollen shut,clear bubbles coming out of their noses...they are all better and none died due to this...I learned it from a well know show friend and breeder...I call him for everything...bless his heart...you can't hurt her...if you dont do something she will die...so you wont hurt her with what ever you DO try... this is what works for ME this only works for respritory issues and the TYLAN works best...only give that every other day...until better..about three doses will usually be all you need...the other is fine with the tylan BUT discontinue the Duramyacin...keep all the other goodies in it when she is wwell enough put all those meds in some scrambled egg she will wolf it down and get it ALL! GREAT way to dose chicks who will eat. GOOD LUCK...

8. Tracy the chick

Tracy the chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    Have you had any other chickens outside with any sneezing symptoms?

9. chickitty

Feb 18, 2012
    Mangilao, Guam
    nope just this one

10. chickitty

Feb 18, 2012
    Mangilao, Guam
    i just realized that the reason why she stands like that is becos her neck is in pain...she barely grooms herself....so i been massaging it...an other advice?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by