Baby chick hunched and not eating/drinking

Possibly. To be on the safe side I'd start treating with Corid as soon as you can. If the chick cannot or will not drink it, carefully direct dose it with Corid water in a syringe or a dropper and do that every couple of hours until it's able to drink by itself.
Started corid this evening and have been dropping on the side of it's beak so it will drink some. It ate some feed for the first time all day so that's a good sign. Still have not seen it poop. Poor thing is getting pushed around by it's friends when trying to sleep. Hangs it's head low and is real droopy most of the time.

Possibly. To be on the safe side I'd start treating with Corid as soon as you can. If the chick cannot or will not drink it, carefully direct dose it with Corid water in a syringe or a dropper and do that every couple of hours until it's able to drink by itself.

Started corid this evening and have been dropping on the side of it's beak so it will drink some. It ate some feed for the first time all day so that's a good sign. Still have not seen it poop. Poor thing is getting pushed around by it's friends when trying to sleep. Hangs it's head low and is real droopy most of the time.
If it hasn't been eating well it won't poop. I wouldn't be surprised if it continued to be lethargic for the next few days, even if the Corid is working - glad to hear it's eating though. Just check in on it when you can and don't be afraid to continue to dose it with Corid water if you cannot confirm that it's drinking by itself.

Back
Top Bottom