Baby chick is peeping

Aristocat123

Songster
May 22, 2019
Florida
Hello I have 12 chicks 4 days old and one of them doesn’t stop peeping unless I put her under my T-shirt and keep my hand on her. She’s eating and drinking. This started this morning. All the others are okay.
Thank you for your help

One of the most common causes of constant peeping is that the chick is chilled. Does it appear to be warm enough ?
She’s under my T-shirt and I have my hand on her. The other ones are all sleeping and they are spread out in the brooder. As soon as I move my hand off her she starts crying

No pasty butt. All the others are okay and spread out. Right now she’s under my T-shirt and I have my hand on her. As soon as I remove my hand she starts crying
Did you just get them? Definitely leave it because I'm thinking it's imprinted to you which isn't good. It needs its flock mates to bond too.

She is most likely having more issues for some reason regulating her own body temp and was used to the others that have spread out snuggling with her. some things that can help are a small rag, snuggle buddy toy. it's odd she isn't up and around though like the others that she would want to be snuggling this much though, after first 24 hours they were all raising cane together, not sure so tagging some that would more likely know what else you could do in the brooder.

@Ridgerunner
@oldhenlikesdogs

She is most likely having more issues for some reason regulating her own body temp and was used to the others that have spread out snuggling with her. some things that can help are a small rag, snuggle buddy toy. it's odd she isn't up and around though like the others that she would want to be snuggling this much though, after first 24 hours they were all raising cane together, not sure so tagging some that would more likely know what else you could do in the brooder.

@Ridgerunner
@oldhenlikesdogs
thank you

Back
Top Bottom