Baby chick killed warning graphic photo

Padorna23

Chirping
Oct 19, 2020
New Jersey
Hey guys so I have a broody who I put some fertile eggs under. They aren’t supposed to hatch for another week but I came out to my other hens playing with a dead chick. Not sure if it hatched early or what. There is also no sign of the egg it was in unless it’s buried in my wood chips in the run. This is my first time trying to hatch chicks with a broody. Should I have seperated the broody from the other hens?

Attachments

• 73254C63-6B66-4E91-970D-9109458DB03C.jpeg
    73254C63-6B66-4E91-970D-9109458DB03C.jpeg
    906.7 KB · Views: 16
Yes always you should put booty mom in a secure safe place with water and food nearby or if you have two booty hens you want to separate them also I'm not an expert at booty hands but being on this site I have learned from many people that this is what should be done it's not your fault we learn we live I'm really sorry for your loss. :(

Yes always you should put booty mom in a secure safe place with water and food nearby or if you have two booty hens you want to separate them also I'm not an expert at booty hands but being on this site I have learned from many people that this is what should be done it's not your fault we learn we live I'm really sorry for your loss. :(
❤️

Back
Top Bottom