Baby chick lethargic not moving alot

chickiebean85

Songster
6 Years
Dec 22, 2015
Maine
I have a blue cochin chick and she is acting lethargic not wanting to move around alot I put her beak up to the water she drinks sometimes, sometimes she doesn't she acts like she has spraddle leg should I get vitamin e? She is only 3 days old don't want to make her sick. I got them from meyer hatchery and the rest are alright she just seems a little off. I also got them vaccinated for mareks I am wondering if that was a bad idea now 😞

Your chick is probably just off to a slow start. Energy reserves from the yolk may not have been enough to carry her into day three. Give her some sugar water laced with Poultry Nutri-drench.

That may infuse her with energy to stand properly. If not, she needs hobbling to bring the legs in line. There are many good videos on how to hobble for spraddle leg.

Your chick is probably just off to a slow start. Energy reserves from the yolk may not have been enough to carry her into day three. Give her some sugar water laced with Poultry Nutri-drench.

That may infuse her with energy to stand properly. If not, she needs hobbling to bring the legs in line. There are many good videos on how to hobble for spraddle leg.
I gave nutridrench and the hatchery recommended a raw egg but she seems better after a nap. She is up drinking and eating on her own.

Back
Top Bottom