Baby chick one day old with a wound.

DenysR0908

Hatching
Sep 24, 2019
I had my first chick born with a brooder and when I picked her up she has an wound on the back of her face and neck. I think the shell must have gotten stuck on her and maybe the mom pulled it off. Should I put anything on it or leave it be?

I would either separate the chick or dab some Blue Kote on it w a q-tip. The others will peck at it if you leave it that way. I would try Blue Kote first and see if the others will leave it alone. The Blue kote also helps healing. Ive used it on chicks before. Farm stores or feed stores usually carry it.

I had my first chick born with a brooder and when I picked her up she has an wound on the back of her face and neck. I think the shell must have gotten stuck on her and maybe the mom pulled it off. Should I put anything on it or leave it be?

Are u sure it is a wound? It could just be where the momma ripped off the shell and now the chick is missing fuzz there?

Attachments

• IMG953462.jpg
    IMG953462.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG953463.jpg
    IMG953463.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 16
Yea, that is definitely a wound, I apologize but I really am not good with wounds on chickens, the worst i have ever had was a hen getting her back feathers ripped up by a dog. But I do hope that someone with more knowledge will come along and help ya out. Poor thing. :hugs:hit

Back
Top Bottom