Baby chick open mouth

Nessabear624

Hatching
Mar 20, 2020
Hi I just got three baby chicks about a week ago. I believe they we around 2 weeks old but not completely sure since this is my first time with chickens. Ice noticed today that one of my chicks has started opening its mouth almost like a baby bird waiting to feed. It's not rasping or wheezing it's just chirping with its mouth open but the other two aren't doing it. It's running around and seems to be eating and drinking like normal. Should I be worried or is this normal? Thanks

I mean unless its not eating won’t get up or you hear something wrong in his or her breathing then I don’t think you should worry. It could just be hot for it but if none other chicks are doing that then I’d just keep a close eye on it

I mean unless its not eating won’t get up or you hear something wrong in his or her breathing then I don’t think you should worry. It could just be hot for it but if none other chicks are doing that then I’d just keep a close eye on it
Okay thank you!

Check the temperature. Its not true that it's fine because it's the only one. When I first got my chicks only 1 had its mouth open. Checked the temperature and it was over 100°.

Back
Top Bottom