Baby Chick pecked at vigorously

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by CassieWest, Aug 15, 2014.

1. CassieWest

CassieWest Just Hatched

Jan 25, 2014
    So I have only one chicken that's younger than all the rest of my (8) chickens, so of course she gets pecked on and teased. But yesterday morning the other chickens pecked her head until she was bleeding pretty bad. I brought her inside and cleaned her up so the bleeding seems to have stopped. She did eat some when she was first brought inside yesterday but has been resting ever sense. She doesn't seem to interested in food right now, but she's getting up and moving around much better than she was yesterday. I know I need to clean her wound again today and try and get her to eat and drink. My question is, what is the best thing to clean her with and is there anything else that can be fed to her by a syringe so that I know she's not starving? PLEASE help asap.

2. CassieWest

CassieWest Just Hatched

Jan 25, 2014
    So she did start eating and drinking all on her own a few minutes ago. But i still need to know what the best solution for cleaning her wound is

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by